This is a new blog to share my experiences with a new (used) Full Spectrum 40W Hobby Laser I picked up off Craigslist. I've been shopping around for a while and am hoping to try out a few different things I've had on my mind to laser out.
First things First, I needed to set things up. Unfortunately, where I wanted to put the laser in the basement didn't have a good way for "easy" ventilation, so I had to go big. I purchased a 190 cfm inline centrifugal type fan, ran 25' of 6", then 15' of 4" rigid duct across the 3-car garage and down into the workshop. The fan is hooked up to a wireless remote, so I can didn't have to run wiring all that way. Next, a bench was built and electrical run. All I needed next was to hookup the cooling water and I'd be ready to fire!
A big thank you to Glen Langton for the help!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment