Monday, September 16, 2013
First Fire....
With the water, air and exhaust hooked up, it was time for a few test fires. I was going to check the mirror alignment first, but I decided what the heck and did some test fires on some cheap 1/8" ply I had laying around. I played with several different settings to see how they would effect the cuts. You can see in pencil on the photo the speed/power I used for each cut to get an idea of what the machine does.
The good news was that the exhaust system is working really great, it kept the work area clear and all smoke was always completely gone after about 1 second after the cutting was done. In fact, I think that the exhaust makes the air assist somewhat worthless. The bottom two pieces that were cut out were with the air on and with the air off, there was very little difference.
Next up to play with was a couple of black river rocks. I figured since my wife's aunt and uncle were leaving today, I'd try out their names. This was at about 40% speed, 95% power.
Labels:
Laser Cutter
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment